Oblivion

“Oblivion… A place where nothing exists, a place where no one exits,  a place no one needs, it is simply useless. A place where you cannot see, where you cannot hear, where you cannot speak… a place where no one can save you,”

“That is your name, the meaning of your name. A name that was given to you by birth. Something you can never change.”

“Experiment Alpha 01- Beta 26, step forward,”

A small girl, no older than the age of four, dressed in rags, stepped forward. Upon closer inspection, you could see the shackles binding her hands and feet, restricting her movement. If you look close enough, even in the dark, you’ll be able to see the bloodstains of her once soaked rags, accompanied by her blood red eye. Even in the dim light, the murderous look in her mismatched eyes were prominent, as prominent as the markings on her back.

“Do you like her, Sir? She is the best even amongst her friends, friends who are closer than family yet cower at her mercy,” he explained.

“She is perfect… We shall wait for the final exam to commence. Keep up the good work, I’ll be expecting a lot more now, Dr Vietta,” another man dressed in a crisp black suit with raven locks, replied in a cold tone.

“Of course, Sir! Your daughter… I mean Experiment A01- B26 will excel in everything you wish. That I am certain!” Dr Vietta stumbled over his words but kept an enthusiastic tone.

“I direly hope so, Dr Vietta. For your sake and everyone else,” the man said before leaving the observation deck.

“Double her dosage, double her training, double everything! I don’t care about the risks! I want results!” Dr Vietta screamed over the intercom.

“And take her back to her cell,” Dr Vietta sighed.


“God only knows how much she’ll take before she realises… when that time comes, God have mercy on us all…”

Note:
Published - 08/02/2017
Edited - 05/04/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment