Gun? Check.
Silver Bullets? Check.
Cross? Check...
Okay all set!
I holstered my gun on the holster on my lower back and put on my coat with the hood over my head. I did one final check in the mirror and sighed," okay you can do this Red, there's nothing be afraid off,". With one final nod, I stepped out the door and into the dreaded, dark night.
Making my way through the forest, twigs snapping beneath my feet. Wind howling, carrying the scent of mystery. Leaves rustling against the wind, the sounds of nature coming together in a calming symphony in this dark night. That is until I picked up the sound of something thumping against the ground... Too fast to be human, too late to be deer... Eyes widening in realisation, I took in a sharp breath and sprinted towards the lake.
Dodging trees and rocks, I manoeuvred myself around - With my speed and agility, they'll never catch me - or so I thought.
The sounds... they're getting closer... impossible! NO! I'm almost there!
Growls ripped through the silence
as I or rather 'we' reached the edge of the lake.
"Make this easier for us and
just come home Red," stepping out of the shadows with his voice dipped in
malice.
"Never!" I shouted as I
readied my gun.
"Now now, no need for that
Red. We won't hurt you," he said, lying through his teeth.
"Sure, you won't buster, cause
I won't let you," I snorted, pulling out my gun from its holster.
"FINE! WE'LL DO IT YOUR WAY THEN!" his body shook violently, fur sprouted from his body. His jaw forming a snout with a snarl and eyes glowing a bright, luminescent yellow.
He got down on all four, clothes ripping away from the transformation as I readied my aim. "Bring it!" I shouted before he charged towards me with a snarl. I fired at him and hit him in one of his hind legs.
He yelped before getting back up and stalking around me. I smirked before taking my aim once more.
Time to end this. Once he's gone, I'll be home free. Literally.
Not forgetting the wolves surrounding me, I took a deep breathe. I felt my blood boil, the adrenaline pumping through my veins. The feeling of my fangs growing out, the feeling of my bloodlust returning. That's all it took for my eyes to turn a bloody red.
You can do this Red.
We... can do this.
Here.
We.
Go...
Note:
Published - 29/09/2015
Edited - 05/04/2019
No comments:
Post a Comment